The growing popularity of standing seam metal roofing has both residential and commercial appeal due to its trendy and modern look, and long-lasting performance. A standing seam metal roof is defined as a concealed or hidden fastener metal panel, and typically has distinctive vertical patterns and is usually made of steel or aluminum and can be used for either metal roofing or metal walls. Fabral’s high-performance standing seam systems boast one of the highest wind uplift resistance panels in the industry, and these workhorse panels are factory, or field-formed to yield continuous long length panels
There are many advantages for using standing seam metal roofing panels both for structural and architectural design. Here are 6 key benefits of why standing seam metal panels by Fabral make them the perfect choice for your next project.
- Hidden Fasteners – Hidden fastener technology protects your roof’s fasteners from weather elements such as UV rays, moisture, wind, etc. Standing seam panels are attached with clips that attach to the panel which eliminates opportunities for your metal roof to wear down against screws.
- Easier Thermal Movements – In standing seam roofing systems, the panels generally aren’t double pinned, meaning they can expand and contract better.
- Colors – Metal roofing is available in a variety of colors which gives both architects and homeowners a variety of choices.
- Sustainability- metal roofing is a sustainable alternative to asphalt shingle, and metal consist of recyclable material, plus metal roofing is more energy-efficient than asphalt shingles or other roof types.
- Durability- When properly installed standing seam metal roofs can last up to 30-40 years.
- Less Maintenance- Standing seam metal roofing is easier to maintain and is low maintenance compared to other roofing materials.