Visionary yet timeless, Soaring Wings is a custom home that carries refinement to the rough and rugged landscape of Central Texas. This project takes an intellectual approach to design that creates not only a stunning piece of modern architecture, but a piece of art. Soaring Wings features 840 customized, hand seamed copper panels that give this home a feeling of peace, beauty, and continuity.
Four years in the making, the architect redefines contemporary style by incorporating curves and dramatic angles to create this exceptional home. 840 hand-seamed copper panels, weighing 1.25 pounds each, were soldered in the field to create a dynamic visual effect.
Soaring Wings is a striking take on contemporary design. Winn Whittman Architecture combined a myriad of curves, angles, and various materials into the structure. Two large wings clad in hand-seamed CopperCraft by Fabral sheets add sculptural expression and shading. The pure copper panels naturally reflect light creating interest without embellishment.
- CopperCraft panels are hand-folded and seamed to the size of 18 inches by 3 feet
- Panels are staggered on an 8 inch pattern
- No maintenance is required, and left as is, will weather to a green patina in approximately 20 years based on regional weather
- Panels utilize a pattern and means of attachment similar to that used by Frank Ghery on his famous Guggenheim Musiem in Bilbao, Spain
- Support from the team at CopperCraft provided designers and artisans the freedom to express their creative vision through coil and sheet
Copper is available in a variety of finishes including classic copper, which can be pre-patina’d for added charm and beauty.
View Colors & Finishes
Product availability in 16oz, 20oz, 32oz, and 48oz sheet allows both designers and fabricators to design from a fresh and unique perspective. On staff engineers are ready to help bring a design from sketching and planning to reality with professional project consultation.
To learn more about Coil and Sheet by CopperCraft, click here